PROGRESS THROUGH LEARNING
We are dedicated to developing careers, improving practice performance and driving veterinary education forwards.
Our Story Over the Years
- The company was founded by a group of like-minded veterinary surgeons, with the aim of providing the highest standard of Veterinary CPD to the veterinary sector.
- ESVPS awards a wide range of peer-recognised veterinary and nursing qualifications, and accredits veterinary-related training courses.
- Modular programmes launched in Portugal covering Small Animal Practice, Small Animal Surgery and Equine Practice.
- Small Animal Practice programme run in Norway and Italy.
- The training headquarters outside Swindon, comprise lecture rooms and state of the art ‘wet-lab’ facilities, allowing delegates to practise surgical procedures to complement their theoretical study.
- Karlslunde Veterinary Hospital part of the Evidensia Group with whom Improve are in partnership to run modular training programmes for both vets and nurses in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.
- Founded in 1901, Harper Adams University is a specialist provider of higher education for the agricultural and rural sectors. In partnership with Improve International and ESVPS, Harper Adams offers Improve International students the opportunity to gain a wide range of postgraduate awards right up to Masters Level.
- PgC’s in Small Animal Medicine and Small Animal Surgery launched following formation of the partnership between Improve, ESVPS and HAU.
- SCIVAC is Italy’s largest provider of veterinary postgraduate training.
- Modular programmes launched along with practical surgery short courses.
- Improve wins government contract to carry out Official Veterinarian (OV) training and assurance on behalf of the government’s Animal Plant and Health Agency, across England, Scotland and Wales. Involved creating database for OVs and setting up 10 new qualifications / online courses to cover all aspects of OV work.
- Benchmark are a market leader in sustainable agriculture, aquaculture, and animal health. As part of the Benchmark group, Improve are delivering innovative modular courses (online and classroom) allowing the company to expand into new territories.
- Improve’s PgCs recognised by the RCVS as eligible entry qualifications to apply for Advanced Practitioner (AP) status.
- Two editions of the Small Animal Surgery programme are launched in Japan
- Improve celebrated the 1,000th delegate to be successfully trained on a modular programme.
- PgC routes in Small Animal Dermatology and Endoscopy and Endosurgery become available in the UK.
- PgC in Small Animal Dermatology acknowledged by the RCVS as an eligible qualification to apply for Advanced Practitioner (AP) Status.
- Our brand new practical training facility in Sheffield, UK, is now able to provide state of the art facilities to veterinary professionals and is in an accessible location for those practising in the north of England and further afield.
- Improve International adds Events and Publishing to complete its veterinary education offer, incorporating Vets South, Vets North, Official Vet and Veterinary Practice magazine..
- The Improve International Manual of Small Animal Surgery is a two-volume set edited by Dr Hannes Bergmann, a Small Animal Specialist working in referrals and a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Surgeons. Volume 1 covers soft tissue surgery; Volume 2 focuses on orthopaedics.