PROGRESS THROUGH LEARNING
We are dedicated to developing careers, improving practice performance and driving veterinary education forwards.
Our Story Over the Years
IMPROVE INTERNATIONAL ESTABLISHED
- The company was founded by a group of like-minded veterinary surgeons, with the aim of providing the highest standard of Veterinary CPD to the veterinary sector.
EUROPEAN SCHOOL OF VETERINARY POSTGRADUATE STUDIES (ESVPS) ESTABLISHED
- ESVPS awards a wide range of peer-recognised veterinary and nursing qualifications, and accredits veterinary-related training courses.
PORTUGAL OFFICE OPENED
- Modular programmes launched in Portugal covering Small Animal Practice, Small Animal Surgery and Equine Practice.
FIRST MODULAR PROGRAMMES OFFERED OUTSIDE OF THE UK
- Small Animal Practice programme run in Norway and Italy.
EUROPEAN HEADQUARTERS ESTABLISHED IN SWINDON, UK
- The training headquarters outside Swindon, comprise lecture rooms and state of the art ‘wet-lab’ facilities, allowing delegates to practise surgical procedures to complement their theoretical study.
PARTNERSHIP WITH KARLSLUNDE VETERINARY HOSPITAL IN COPENHAGEN
- Karlslunde Veterinary Hospital part of the Evidensia Group with whom Improve are in partnership to run modular training programmes for both vets and nurses in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.
COURSES LAUNCHED IN SPAIN
COURSES LAUNCHED IN FRANCE
COURSES LAUNCHED IN GERMANY
PARTNERSHIP WITH HAU
- Founded in 1901, Harper Adams University is a specialist provider of higher education for the agricultural and rural sectors. In partnership with Improve International and ESVPS, Harper Adams offers Improve International students the opportunity to gain a wide range of postgraduate awards right up to Masters Level.
SMALL ANIMAL MEDICINE AND SURGERY PGCs LAUNCHED
- PgC’s in Small Animal Medicine and Small Animal Surgery launched following formation of the partnership between Improve, ESVPS and HAU.
COURSES LAUNCHED IN AUSTRIA
LAUNCH OF COURSES IN ITALY IN ASSOCIATION WITH SCIVAC
- SCIVAC is Italy’s largest provider of veterinary postgraduate training.
AUSTRALIA OFFICE OPENED
- Modular programmes launched along with practical surgery short courses.
DEFRA GOVERNMENT CONTRACT
- Improve wins government contract to carry out Official Veterinarian (OV) training and assurance on behalf of the government’s Animal Plant and Health Agency, across England, Scotland and Wales. Involved creating database for OVs and setting up 10 new qualifications / online courses to cover all aspects of OV work.
COURSES LAUNCHED IN SWITZERLAND
ACQUIRED BY BENCHMARK HOLDINGS PLC
- Benchmark are a market leader in sustainable agriculture, aquaculture, and animal health. As part of the Benchmark group, Improve are delivering innovative modular courses (online and classroom) allowing the company to expand into new territories.
- Improve’s PgCs recognised by the RCVS as eligible entry qualifications to apply for Advanced Practitioner (AP) status.
COURSES LAUNCHED IN MEXICO
NEW COURSES LAUNCHED IN JAPAN
- Two editions of the Small Animal Surgery programme are launched in Japan
A TRAINING MILESTONE!
- Improve celebrated the 1,000th delegate to be successfully trained on a modular programme.
NEW PGC ROUTES AVAILABLE
- PgC routes in Small Animal Dermatology and Endoscopy and Endosurgery become available in the UK.
COURSES LAUNCHED IN CHILE
PGC IN SMALL ANIMAL DERMATOLOGY RECOGNISED BY THE RCVS
- PgC in Small Animal Dermatology acknowledged by the RCVS as an eligible qualification to apply for Advanced Practitioner (AP) Status.
STATE OF THE ART PRACTICAL TRAINING FACILITY LAUNCHED
- Our brand new practical training facility in Sheffield, UK, is now able to provide state of the art facilities to veterinary professionals and is in an accessible location for those practising in the north of England and further afield.
IMPROVE EXPANDS TO EVENTS AND PUBLISHING
- Improve International adds Events and Publishing to complete its veterinary education offer, incorporating Vets South, Vets North, Official Vet and Veterinary Practice magazine..
IMPROVE PUBLISHES MANUAL OF SMALL ANIMAL SURGERY
- The Improve International Manual of Small Animal Surgery is a two-volume set edited by Dr Hannes Bergmann, a Small Animal Specialist working in referrals and a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Surgeons. Volume 1 covers soft tissue surgery; Volume 2 focuses on orthopaedics.