Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery – Gastrointestinal Surgery
This is a two day practical session. Modules must be attended as a pair.
Key Learning Objectives Day One
- Discuss the pathophysiology of diseases of the stomach including hypertrophic pylorogastropathy and gastric neoplasia
- Describe causes of and treatment options for gastric perforation
- Be familiar with the indications, maintenance and complications associated with placement of gastrostomy and enterostomy tubes
- Outline the pathophysiology and clinical presentation of hiatal hernia
Includes a practical session where gastrostomy and enterostomy tube placement, pyloroplasty techniques, gastrectomy, diaphragmatic myotomy, caudal median sternotomy and oesophagopexy can be practised.
Key Learning Objectives Day Two
- Explain the physiology of the colon and rectum
- Be familiar with specific diseases of the colon including megacolon, volvulus and neoplasia
- Outline techniques available for resection of the colon and rectum and the associated peri-operative, long-term complications and prognosis
- Describe the pathophysiology of rectal disease including neoplasia, perforation and anorectal strictures
- Discuss the medical and surgical options for treatment of anal sac neoplasia and prognosis for patients with this condition
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.