Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery – Gastrointestinal Surgery
This is a two day practical session. Modules must be attended as a pair.
Key Learning Objectives Day One
- Discuss the pathophysiology of diseases of the stomach including hypertrophic pylorogastropathy and gastric neoplasia
- Describe causes of and treatment options for gastric perforation
- Be familiar with the indications, maintenance and complications associated with placement of gastrostomy and enterostomy tubes
- Outline the pathophysiology and clinical presentation of hiatal hernia
Includes a practical session where gastrostomy and enterostomy tube placement, pyloroplasty techniques, gastrectomy, diaphragmatic myotomy, caudal median sternotomy and oesophagopexy can be practised.
Key Learning Objectives Day Two
- Explain the physiology of the colon and rectum
- Be familiar with specific diseases of the colon including megacolon, volvulus and neoplasia
- Outline techniques available for resection of the colon and rectum and the associated peri-operative, long-term complications and prognosis
- Describe the pathophysiology of rectal disease including neoplasia, perforation and anorectal strictures
- Discuss the medical and surgical options for treatment of anal sac neoplasia and prognosis for patients with this condition
Future dates for this course are currently being developed. If you would like to be notified when this course becomes available, please fill in the form on the right to register your interest.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.