Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery – Hernias
Key Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the pathophysiology of abdominal hernias.
- List the surgical options for repair of hernias using autologous or synthetic materials.
- Describe emergency stabilisation and surgery for traumatic hernias including when incarceration and/or strangulation has occurred.
- Outline the pathophysiology of traumatic and congenital diaphragmatic hernias such as pleuroperitoneal and peritoneopericardial hernias.
- Explain the pathophysiology of perineal herniation and the decision-making process for selection of an appropriate surgical procedure for their repair in individual cases.
Includes a practical session where abdominal wall reconstruction by external abdominal oblique myofascial flap and cranial sartorius muscle flap, use of polypropylene mesh, omentalisation, internal obturator transposition, semitendinosus muscle flap, cystopexy, vas deferens pexy and colopexy can be practised.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.