Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery – Thoracic Surgery I and II
This is a two day practical session. Modules must be attended as a pair.
Key Learning Objectives Day One:
- Be familiar with the challenges encountered treating thoracic trauma and stabilising patients with severe injuries.
- Discuss the aetiology and clinical findings associated with conditions that might require lung lobectomy such as cysts, bullae, lung abscessation, laceration, torsion and pulmonary neoplasia.
- Describe the clinical findings and surgical options for the treatment of thoracic wall tumours.
- Outline pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment options associated with patent ductus arteriosus (PDA).
- Illustrate an understanding of the principles of thoracoscopically assisted thoracic surgery.
Includes a practical session where intercostal and rib resection thoracotomy, lung lobectomy, location of PDA and thoracoscopy can be practised.
Key Learning Objectives Day Two:
- Explain the aetiology and clinical findings associated with chylothorax.
- Review the surgical principles and indications for intra-thoracic oesophageal surgery.
- Discuss the aetiology and clinical findings associated with pectus excavatum.
- Describe the pros and cons of median sternotomy and when this approach should be selected.
- Outline the surgical approach for ablation of a neoplastic right atrium.
Includes a practical session where median sternotomy, subtotal pericardectomy, caudal thoracotomy/location of the site for ligation of the thoracic duct, transdiaphragmatic approach for ligation of the thoracic duct/cisterna chyli ablation and pleural port placement can be practised.
Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery - Thoracic Surgery I and II
20 Nov 2019
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes
Price: £1,800.00 + VAT
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.