Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery – Upper Airway Surgery
Key Learning Objectives:
- Describe how animals in respiratory distress can best be managed to reduce morbidity/mortality and improve surgical outcomes.
- Discuss the aetiology and clinical findings associated with laryngeal paralysis.
- Explain the pathophysiology of Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome.
- List indications for temporary and permanent tracheostomy and be able to select an appropriate tube.
- Outline the indications and considerations for tracheal resection and anastomosis.
Includes a practical session where arytenoid lateralisation, staphlectomy and folding palatoplasty, wedge rhinoplasty, resected of everted laryngeal saccules, partial arytenoidectomy, temporary/permanent tracheostomy and tracheal resection/anastomosis can be practised.
Future dates for this course are currently being developed. If you would like to be notified when this course becomes available, please fill in the form on the right to register your interest.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.