This module will give you the confidence to promote patient welfare via an all-round approach to analgesia. Medical patients have their own challenges when it comes to pain and being familiar with the options available now to improve patients’ quality of life in both the short and longer term will be of great value to you and your patients.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Appreciate the pathophysiology of pain and be able to identify pain in different species using pain scoring methods.
- Explain the different classes of analgesia, including opioids, NSAIDs, local anaesthetics and other agents and their pharmacology and appreciate their different delivery methods for specific patients using the multi-modal approach.
- Pre-emptive analgesia theory and practical approaches to achieving it
- Outline the use of analgesia in medical patients for chronic and palliative use.
- Describe appropriate analgesic agents for the use of CRI, when and how these should be used/monitored and be able to perform a CRI calculation.
- Demonstrate different intravenous catheterisation techniques including central venous catheterisation.
- Includes a practical session practising central venous line placement
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
Price: £274.31 + VAT
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.