Cardiovascular Emergencies & CPR; Practical Session
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Understand the cardiovascular assessment and management of patients presented with cardiovascular emergencies
- Utilise and interpret a range of diagnostic techniques including ECGs, radiographs, echocardiographs and laboratory data
- Diagnose and manage acute canine congestive heart failure, feline cardiomyopathy and aortic thromboembolism
- Diagnose and manage pericardial disease and understand how to perform pericardiocentesis
- Diagnose and manage cardiac arrhythmias
- Consider the predisposing factors likely to result in cardiac arrest, how this changes the approach to CPR and determining prognosis following CPR
- Understand the various components of CPR (DABC) and their various importance
This practical session on day 2 will provide you with the opportunity to practise the following techniques in the wet-lab:
- Tracheotomy and chest drain placement
- Emergency abdominal surgery including the approach to the acute abdomen and peritonitis, enterotomy and enterectomy
- Gastric dilatation/ volvulus and gastropexies
- Urinary obstruction including urethrotomy in the dog and perineal urethrostomy in the cat
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Future dates for this course are being developed. If you would like to know when this course becomes available, please fill click below to register your interest.