Commercial pet food – types and labelling & Nutritional Clinics for your patients
Day 1 - Commercial pet food - types and labelling
Pet owners are often bewildered by the information on pet food packaging and as a nurse running nutrition clinics you require the knowledge and skills to translate this data into everyday language. This module will review pet food choices, discuss ‘fashionable’ diets and the impact of feeding on behaviour. This module includes case studies and a practical session so that you will have an opportunity to practise nutritional calculations using a wide range of commercial pet food products. By the end of this module you will be better positioned to speak knowledgeably and communicate productively with your clients on the occasionally contentious topic of what they choose to feed their pet, and why.
Day 2 - Nutritional Clinics for your patients
This module will cover topics such as weight management and oral care at home, but also the support of more critically ill patients such as those affected by anorexia and cancer. Patients suffering from critical illness and/or injury often require assisted feeding. Their owners benefit from training and significant support to improve the welfare and outcomes for their pet and result in speedier recovery and shorter hospitalisation times. This module will give you the confidence to run successful nurse clinics in your practice.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.