Examination of the Eye; Anatomy and Physiology of the Eye, Basic Embryology and Histology
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Use diagnostic ophthalmic instruments including focal illumination, the direct ophthalmoscope, slit lamp biomicroscope and indirect ophthalmoscope to perform a confident ocular examination
- Undertake tonometry
- Undertake gonioscopy
- Understand more advanced and specialist techniques available for ophthalmic
diagnosis including radiography, electroretinography, ultrasound, CT and MRI scans
- Understand diagnostic cytology, microbiology and biopsy sampling and appreciate the applications of the different methods of investigation
- Describe a systematic approach to the investigation of ophthalmology cases including accurate record keeping
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Understand basic ophthalmic embryology and post natal ocular development
- Describe comprehensively the anatomy of the eye
- Understand ocular physiology including the tear film, aqueous production, lens metabolism and retinal physiology
- Appreciate the normal and pathological appearance of histological samples including the significance of abnormalities detected
- Understand basic ocular immunology
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.