Exotic Animal – Biology, Nutrition, Husbandry and Common Diseases of Mice, Rats, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Degus , Gerbils & Rabbits
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Describe the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of common skin diseases including ectoparasitic, bacterial, viral, fungal and endocrine disorders
- Understand diseases affecting the gastro-intestinal tract including Tyzzer’s disease, wet tail, dental malocclusions and coccidiosis
- Approach the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disorders
- Approach the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine conditions
- Understand the diseases which affect the reproductive and urinary tracts
- Appreciate conditions which affect the CNS
- Understand sebaceous gland dermatitis, reproductive and adrenal gland disease affecting the skin and behavioural induced skin disease in gerbils
- Legislation concerning the care and use of relevant laboratory animals
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Diagnose and treat dermatological diseases
- Investigate and treat gastrointestinal diseases including motility disturbances, mucoid enteropathy and diarrhoea
- Formulate a treatment plan for dental disease including overgrown teeth and traumatic injuries to teeth, treatment of abscesses and caries
- Diagnose and treat respiratory tract disease including Pasteurellosis
- Understand conditions affecting the musculoskeletal and nervous systems including vestibular disease
- Investigate and treat reproductive and urinary tract diseases
- Describe common infectious diseases such as E cuniculi, myxomatosis and viral haemorrhagic disease
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Biology, Nutrition, Husbandry and Common Diseases of Mice, Rats, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Degus , Gerbils & Rabbits
6 Jul 2021
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes