Exotic Animal – Current Concepts in Surgery; Avian Medicine and Surgery
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Understand basic surgical techniques, surgical neutering and coelomic surgery
- Use knowledge gained to implant microchips
- Apply knowledge gained to performing various oesophagostomy techniques
- Understand how to repair shell and beak defects
- Explain the use of radiosurgery in exotics
- Approach the orthopaedic patient and understand the common fracture types in different species, the principles of internal and external fracture repair and muscle tendon adhesions
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Investigate and treat gastro-intestinal diseases
- Investigate and treat diseases of the upper and lower airways including the nares, sinuses, and infections such as Chlamydophilosis and Aspergillosis
- Approach beak and feather disease and feather plucking
- Understand urogenital tract disease including excessive egg laying, egg binding, cloacal disease and orchitis
- Manage trauma cases including fractures
Comprehensive course notes, lunch and refreshments on each day.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Future dates for this course are being developed. If you would like to know when this course becomes available, please fill click below to register your interest.