Exotic Animal – Current Concepts in Surgery; Avian Medicine and Surgery
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Understand basic surgical techniques, surgical neutering and coelomic surgery
- Use knowledge gained to implant microchips
- Apply knowledge gained to performing various oesophagostomy techniques
- Understand how to repair shell and beak defects
- Explain the use of radiosurgery in exotics
- Approach the orthopaedic patient and understand the common fracture types in different species, the principles of internal and external fracture repair and muscle tendon adhesions
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Investigate and treat gastro-intestinal diseases
- Investigate and treat diseases of the upper and lower airways including the nares, sinuses, and infections such as Chlamydophilosis and Aspergillosis
- Approach beak and feather disease and feather plucking
- Understand urogenital tract disease including excessive egg laying, egg binding, cloacal disease and orchitis
- Manage trauma cases including fractures
Comprehensive course notes, lunch and refreshments on each day.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Current Concepts in Surgery; Avian Medicine and Surgery
23 Apr 2021
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes