Exotic Animal – Primates and Zoo Animal Medicine
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Diagnose, treat and prevent ectoparasitic, bacterial, viral, fungal and neoplastic skin diseases
- Understand gastrointestinal disease including bacterial gastroenteritis, gastric dilation, diarrhoea and dental caries
- Appreciate diseases affecting the cardio-respiratory system
- Understand metabolic/ nutritional bone disease, musculoskeletal and neurological disease, arthritis and limb fractures
- Investigate and treat infectious diseases
- Diagnose and treat diseases of the urogenital tract including endometrial, ovarian and mammary disease
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Explain modern zoo legislation and management including Zoo Licensing Act 1981 and Balai regulations 92/65 as subsequently amended
- Approach the routine health-care management and common disease problems of zoo animals
- Restrain zoo animals
- Understand drug delivery systems, immobilisation and anaesthetic regimes
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Future dates for this course are being developed. If you would like to know when this course becomes available, please fill click below to register your interest.