Feline Pelvic Trauma – Purely Practical
This two-day course will have a no-lecture or minimal-lecture format. You will be sent the course notes in advance of the course and should ensure you have read them before attending as formal classroom lectures will not occur. All of your time will be spent in the practical room practising the techniques included in the learning objectives to maximise your opportunity to master the surgical skills at hand.
This course will be highly practical with very short, informal lectures preceding the practical sessions. Reading and assimilation of pre-course material is essential to get the most from this course and time to do this will need to be set aside prior to attending.
Delegates attending should have a solid understanding of the principles of fracture fixation, lag screw fixation, surgical approaches and orthopaedic surgical techniques. This is not a basic course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the core principles behind surgical management of pelvic trauma in the cat
- Confidently approach the hip surgically
- Explain how to manage sacroiliac separations
- Describe the specific difficulties involved with managing hip luxation
- Treat coxofemoral luxation, perform capsulorrhaphy, toggle-Rod and femoral head and neck ostectomy.
- Repair pelvic fractures including ilial shaft and acetabular fractures
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch will be provided both days.
Feline Pelvic Trauma - Purely Practical
12 Jul 2019
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes
Price: £1,198.00 + VAT
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.