Feline Urinary Tract
Key learning objectives:
- Understand the causes of renal dysfunction, the presentation and diagnostic tests utilised in cats with clinical signs of renal disease (including acute/ chronic renal insufficiency, glomerular disease, neoplasia and inherited diseases)
- Understand the causes and emergency treatment of acute renal failure
- Explain the pathophysiology of renal dysfunction and the importance/ significance of hyperphosphataemia, anaemia, proteinuria and hypertension
- Apply knowledge of the International Renal Interest Society staging scheme for chronic renal disease to patient prognosis
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the available treatments for CRI including phosphate binders, ACE inhibitors and dietary modification
- Recall the neuroanatomy of the lower urinary tract and the differentiation of upper motor neuron/ lower motor neuron defects
- Approach diseases of the lower urinary tract including iFLUTD, urolithiasis, urinary tract infections and neoplasia and understand their differentiation, risk factors, treatment and dietary management
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
Future dates for this course are currently being developed. If you would like to be notified when this course becomes available, please fill in the form on the right to register your interest.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.