Head and Neck Surgery – Purely Practical
This one-day course will have a no-lecture or minimal-lecture format. You will be sent the course notes in advance of the course and should ensure you have read them before attending as formal classroom lectures will not occur. All of your time will be spent in the practical room practising the techniques included in the learning objectives to maximise your opportunity to master the surgical skills at hand.
By the end of this one-day course you will be able to:
- Perform a lateral wall resection (LWR) and/or total ear canal ablation / lateral bulla osteotomy (TECA-LBO)
- Be familiar with the anatomy of the larynx to enable you to approach a ‘tieback’ with confidence
- Appreciate the nuances of BOAS surgery including options for the nasal planum and soft palate
- Have an awareness of the surgical options for thyroidectomy/parathyroidectomy and how these impact on recurrence and post-operative complications
- Perfect your ability to treat mandibular salivary mucocele using the lateral or ventral approach and how these approaches affect recurrence rates
- Know how to tie off the carotid artery temporarily in preparation for maxillectomy / mandibulectomy
- Describe the surgical options and complications associated with maxillectomy and mandibulectomy
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch will be provided.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Head and Neck Surgery - Purely Practical
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes