This highly practical and interactive course will give you fresh insight into infection control. You will learn how you can help to improve infection control policies in your clinic by identifying potential risk areas and devising new strategies to improve infection control in your clinic, as well as allowing you to disseminate this new information to other members of your team.
By the end of this course you will have acquired the knowledge to:
- Recognise infectious diseases
- Undertake an audit of infections within your clinic and undertake improvements in infection control to reduce the incidence of nosocomial infections.
- Formulate an appropriate protocol for managing infectious patients and reducing the risk of spread
- Prepare a treatment regime for infections such as MRSA
- Appreciate the factors that affect hospital-acquired and surgical site infections
- Select appropriate cleaning agents for a variety of different items
- Improve the cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation of a wide variety of equipment and instrumentation.
- Encourage the whole team to engage in appropriate infection control within all areas of their clinic.
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
This course is running in Partnership with Medi-mark.
Future dates for this course are currently being developed. If you would like to be notified when this course becomes available, please fill in the form on the right to register your interest.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.