Laboratory Diagnosis and Clinical Pathology
Key learning objectives:
- Understand skin scrapings, hair examination, acetate strip examination, and impression smears
- Sampling techniques (including biopsies), sample processing, storage and recording
- Understand the basic cytology of samples collected from the skin including masses and discharging sinuses
- Interpret the clinical laboratory medicine information in relation to skin disease, including: haematology, biochemistry and endocrine tests, fluid and electrolyte disorders and cytology
- Know the diagnostic tests for infectious diseases – techniques and interpretation (including viral, bacterial and parasitic diseases)
- Have an understanding of the principles of the use of pattern analysis by histopathologists in dermatohistopathology as it relates to disease pathogenesis and diagnosis
- Interpret histopathology reports
This module includes a practical component in the laboratory preparing and interpreting slides.
Future dates for this course are currently being developed. If you would like to be notified when this course becomes available, please fill in the form on the right to register your interest.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.