Masterclass in Canine Endoscopy
This practical two–day hands-on Masterclass course will focus on the techniques of both flexible and rigid endoscopy in the dog. The course will provide an overview of selecting and handling endoscopes and cover the techniques used in endoscopy of the upper and lower intestinal tract, the respiratory tract and lower urinary tract. You will enjoy the opportunity to perform endoscopy at Improve International’s impressive wet-lab facilities in Sheffield and extensive hands-on opportunities over the two days.
You will be guided through the subject area of flexible endoscopy as well as the techniques and uses of rigid endoscopy (vaginourethrocystoscopy) in the bitch. Both speakers have a wealth of both clinical and teaching experience in their respective fields.
This Masterclass course is strictly limited to 12 delegates and offers unrivalled one-to-one mentoring. The quality and preparation of the clinical material and low delegate ratio will make this an unsurpassed teaching experience.
Required delegate attributes:
This course is designed for veterinary surgeons with all levels of experience. It will provide invaluable experience for those who are new to endoscopy and those veterinary surgeons wanting to gain further experience with using endoscopes and refining their technique. The course would also be of value to those veterinary surgeons undertaking further professional qualifications in small animal medicine and surgery.
Topics to be covered include:
- Upper intestinal endoscopy (including acquiring biopsies and foreign body removal)
- Lower intestinal endoscopy (including ileal entry)
- Upper respiratory tract endoscopy (including foreign body removal)
- Lower respiratory tract endoscopy (including endoscopic BAL and foreign body removal)
- Vestibuloscopy (including acquiring biopsies)
- Urethroscopy (including principles of injection of submucosal bulking agents and laser repair of ureteral ectopia)
- Cystoscopy (including acquiring biopsies)
By the end of the course you should have an understanding and ability in the following areas:
- Basic principles of endoscopy and how to select the most appropriate endoscopic equipment for intestinal, respiratory and urinary tract endoscopy
- Manipulation and direction of both rigid and flexible endoscopes in vivo
- Techniques for obtaining endoscopic biopsies and endoscopic foreign body removal
- Be proficient in the J-manoeuvre
- Be proficient in negotiating the pylorus
- Have a clear understanding of the technique and uses of rigid vaginourethrocystoscopy in the bitch
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments throughout each day and buffet lunches
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Masterclass in Canine Endoscopy
12 Jul 2022
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes