Medical Principles – The Patient
By the end of this module you will be familiar with the patient preparation required for a wide variety of medical procedures in order to make a diagnosis. This module will also give you the ability to confidently nurse a patient with complex medical needs as well as understanding the importance of maintaining client care and clinical governance.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the importance of daily patient assessment and record keeping of the medical patient via charting systems. Be able to outline physical examination techniques and explain their relevance.
- Outline the importance of the specific nursing requirements of inpatients with specific pathophysiology and life stage. Be able to explain the importance of nursing care plans and their use.
- Obtain knowledge of the role of nutrition in the medical patient, identifying the advantages and disadvantages of both enteral and parenteral administration and how to manage these cases within the clinic.
- Select the appropriate patient preparation technique and positioning required for specific medical procedures.
- Identify medical diseases and procedures that result in an outpatient assessment and the significance of outpatient monitoring.
- Become familiar with identifying medical complications and consolidate your knowledge of how to minimise them.
- Explain the set up and maintenance of endoscopes and when they are most useful as part of a diagnostic work-up
- Appreciate the importance of clinical governance & client communication within the veterinary clinic.
- Includes case discussion and nutritional calculations
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
Principles – The Patient
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
Price: £274.31 + VAT
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.