Nutritional, Metabolic, Paraneoplastic, Congenital – Hereditary Skin Disease and Miscellaneous Skin Diseases; Pharmacy and Therapeutics
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Understand the pathogenesis and clinical features of the cutaneous manifestations of internal disease excluding endocrine disorders
- Appreciate the differential diagnosis of these conditions and the approach to their investigation and treatment
- Have an understanding of congenital hereditary disorders
- Understand the effect of deficiency or excess of vitamins or minerals in skin disease
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Have a working understanding of the following regulations: Veterinary Medicines Regulations 2013, Medicines Act 1968, Medicines Regulations 2012, Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2012, Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Be familiar with storage, dispensing and labelling of medicines
- Have knowledge of the Veterinary Medicines Directorate
- Understand the Prescribing Cascade, off license use, importation of medication and certification
- Have an understanding of the pharmacokinetics, potential interactions and adverse effects of common therapeutic agents (anti-inflammatories, anti-microbials and anti-parasitics) used in the management of skin disease
- Have knowledge of the use of topical, enteral and parenteral medications
- Appreciate the importance of owner compliance and support for long term skin conditions
- Discuss the role of the veterinary nurse in dermatology consultations
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Future dates for this course are being developed. If you would like to know when this course becomes available, please fill click below to register your interest.