Nutritional, Metabolic, Paraneoplastic, Congenital – Hereditary Skin Disease and Miscellaneous Skin Diseases; Pharmacy and Therapeutics
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Understand the pathogenesis and clinical features of the cutaneous manifestations of internal disease excluding endocrine disorders
- Appreciate the differential diagnosis of these conditions and the approach to their investigation and treatment
- Have an understanding of congenital hereditary disorders
- Understand the effect of deficiency or excess of vitamins or minerals in skin disease
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Have a working understanding of the following regulations: Veterinary Medicines Regulations 2013, Medicines Act 1968, Medicines Regulations 2012, Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2012, Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Be familiar with storage, dispensing and labelling of medicines
- Have knowledge of the Veterinary Medicines Directorate
- Understand the Prescribing Cascade, off license use, importation of medication and certification
- Have an understanding of the pharmacokinetics, potential interactions and adverse effects of common therapeutic agents (anti-inflammatories, anti-microbials and anti-parasitics) used in the management of skin disease
- Have knowledge of the use of topical, enteral and parenteral medications
- Appreciate the importance of owner compliance and support for long term skin conditions
- Discuss the role of the veterinary nurse in dermatology consultations
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Nutritional, Metabolic, Paraneoplastic, Congenital - Hereditary Skin Disease and Miscellaneous Skin Diseases; Pharmacy and Therapeutics
16 Dec 2020
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes