Nutritional support for gastrointestinal and endocrine disorders & Nutritional support of organ failure, the lower urinary tract and orthopaedic disorders
Day 1 - Nutritional support for gastrointestinal and endocrine disorders
Gastrointestinal signs are a major concern to many pet owners and are a frequent reason to seek nutritional advice. Whether the pet is hospitalised or cared for at home, nutritional support is particularly important for these cases. This module will provide in depth guidance on the ideal approach to cases such as adverse food reactions, colitis, pancreatitis, and hyperlipidaemia. Many endocrine conditions also benefit from personalised nutritional management as they are so complex and affect many different body systems. This module will deepen your understanding of the nutritional care of patients diagnosed with gastrointestinal or endocrine disorders.
Day 2 - Nutritional support of organ failure, the lower urinary tract and orthopaedic disorders
This module primarily focuses our attention on the nutritional management of patients who have been diagnosed with organ failure which is more common in the mature cat and dog. A wide variety of organs can be affected including the kidneys, liver, brain and heart. Also included in this module are specific nutritional considerations for urolithiasis and FLUTD. Patients affected by orthopaedic disorders whether young or old can also benefit from nutritional support. Such cases are commonly presented at the clinic for their mobility issues and it has been shown that they require less medical intervention when they receive appropriate dietary management.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.