Renal, Urinary Tract, Reproductive and Paediatric Emergencies; Neurological and Neuro-Toxicological Emergencies
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Apply diagnostic techniques including laboratory investigations and imaging to these cases
- Investigate and manage common renal and urinary tract emergencies
- Understand the principles of renal, ureteral, bladder and urethral surgery
- Formulate an approach to cystocentesis and the placing and maintenance of urinary catheters and appreciate their limitations
- Understand normal reproductive physiology and function and the physiology of conversion from foetal to neonatal circulation
- Appreciate the common important clinical signs associated with reproductive and paediatric emergencies
- Plan a diagnostic approach to these cases and manage common conditions
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Detail the common metabolic conditions requiring urgent or emergency therapy
- Understand the impact of metabolic disturbances on the patient’s major body systems
- Devise an approach to the diagnosis and management of common diseases including hypoadrenocorticism and diabetes mellitus
- Understand key diagnostic tests and their application
- Appreciate the complications encountered during therapy, their prevention and management
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Future dates for this course are being developed. If you would like to know when this course becomes available, please fill click below to register your interest.