Renal, Urinary Tract, Reproductive and Paediatric Emergencies; Neurological and Neuro-Toxicological Emergencies
Key learning objectives Day One:
- Apply diagnostic techniques including laboratory investigations and imaging to these cases
- Investigate and manage common renal and urinary tract emergencies
- Understand the principles of renal, ureteral, bladder and urethral surgery
- Formulate an approach to cystocentesis and the placing and maintenance of urinary catheters and appreciate their limitations
- Understand normal reproductive physiology and function and the physiology of conversion from foetal to neonatal circulation
- Appreciate the common important clinical signs associated with reproductive and paediatric emergencies
- Plan a diagnostic approach to these cases and manage common conditions
Key learning objectives Day Two:
- Detail the common metabolic conditions requiring urgent or emergency therapy
- Understand the impact of metabolic disturbances on the patient’s major body systems
- Devise an approach to the diagnosis and management of common diseases including hypoadrenocorticism and diabetes mellitus
- Understand key diagnostic tests and their application
- Appreciate the complications encountered during therapy, their prevention and management
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.