Stifle Disease – Canine Cruciate Ligament Disease & Patellar Luxation
This highly practical course will cover all aspects of two of the most commonly seen surgical procedures in your practice; cruciate disease and patella luxation and will teach you two different techniques you can offer in your clinics: MMP for canine cruciate disease and RidgeStop™ for patella luxation.
The course will include pathology and diagnosis as well as treatment options for CCL disease, meniscal injury and patellar luxation
RidgeStop™ is a novel surgical technique for treatment of patellar luxation. A simple, affordable alternative to sulcoplasty surgery that can be used alone, as the sole treatment for patella luxation, or as an adjunct to re-alignment operations. The course is in two parts:
- A lecture based overview of the pathogenesis and treatment selection in patella luxation, and a review of current surgical treatment options. This will be followed by an introduction to RidgeStop™, its application and case presentations
- A practical session using synthetic bone models which delegates can take home
This course is kindly sponsored by Orthomed
Orthomed has been supplying the global veterinary industry with high quality, innovative orthopaedic products for over ten years. We have a reputation for developing and manufacturing some of the industry’s leading orthopaedic products and we work alongside some of the most world-renowned and experienced veterinary surgeons, biomedical engineers and material scientists to develop and manufacture industry-leading products. We are highly committed to helping develop the industry and the people that work and excel in it.
The day is split into two parts:
Cranial cruciate ligament disease featuring MMP:
- Pathology and diagnosis of cranial cruciate ligament disease
- Treatment options for CCL disease and meniscal injury
- OrthoFoam™ - the bone ingrowth implant
- The MMP technique
- Key steps of procedure
- MMP variations
- Difficult cases
- Dealing with complications
- MMP demonstration
- MMP on sawbone
- MMP in wet-lab environment
Patellar luxation featuring RidgeStop™
- Overview of the pathogenesis and treatment selection in patellar luxation
- Review of current surgical treatment options
- Tibial tuberosity transpositions
- About RidgeStop™
- RidgeStop™ and TTT demonstration
- RidgeStop™ and TTT on sawbone
- RidgeStop™ and TTT in wet-lab environment
This hands-on education workshop will allow you to improve orthopaedic outcomes in your hospital having learned surgical techniques you can offer in clinic.
The course will summarise various options available to treat CCL disease and patellar luxations and also concentrate on two specific procedures; MMP and RidgeStop™.
The course speaker has no conflict of interest and the attendees will be supported with course notes, animations and real-life videos.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.