TPLO Two day Masterclass
Cranial cruciate ligament failure is, arguably, the commonest cause of serious hindlimb lameness in the adult dog. Its management, over the years, has produced wide and varied techniques. Over the past 15-20 years it is the “biomechanical” techniques that have come to the fore. Although much debate continues over which of these is superior, it is generally accepted that these techniques offer better outcomes in all but the smallest of patients.
This two-day Masterclass for a maximum of ten delegates is designed to provide you with the understanding of how TPLO fits into the plethora of treatment options for the cruciate deficient stifle and how to plan and execute the procedure. The combination of lectures and practical sessions will revise relevant surgical anatomy to enable delegates to undertake with confidence the Tibial Plateau Levelling Ostetomy procedure.
In order to participate fully in this course delegates should be familiar with the application of bone plates and screws in small animal orthopaedics.
This course is kindly supported by Freelance Surgical.
The first day will cover the theory behind canine cruciate disease and the biomechanical basis of TPLO Surgical Planning, with access to implants and saw bone models.
Delegates will spend the second day working on cadavers to perfect their technique with jig, Delta plates and Locking plates. Radiographic equipment will be available to check post-operative results.
- A review of cruciate disease and treatment options
- The biomechanical basis of TPLO
- Surgical planning – appropriate radiography / measuring tibial plateau angle
- Equipment and implants
- Principles of Surgery – saw bone model
- Surgical technique – cadaver surgery
- Post-operative care
Comprehensive course notes, lunch and refreshments available throughout the day.
One night's Group dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation with full use of the leisure club facilities at Alexandra House Hotel included in the course price.
6 Sep 2019
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes
Price: £2,495.00 + VAT
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.