Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery - Urinary Tract Surgery
Key Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the pathophysiology of urolithiasis and treatment options for calculi within the kidney, ureter, bladder and/or urethra.
- Describe urinary tract neoplasia – types, treatment options and prognosis.
- Outline the pathophysiology and management of ureteral obstruction including the decision-making process for treatment of individual cases.
- Be familiar with available options for treatment of ureteral obstruction including surgery, lithotripsy and stenting.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of urinary incontinence.
- List the pros and cons of a variety of surgical treatments for urinary incontinence including laser ablation of ectopic ureters, hydraulic occluders, collagen injections and colposuspension.
Includes a practical session where nephrotomy, nephrectomy, ureterotomy in dogs, ureteral reimplantation, colposuspension and cystopexy can be practised.