Cardiac Emergencies in Small Animal Practice
This one day course will help you feel comfortable in your ability to choose the most up-to-date techniques in diagnosing and managing commonly presented cardiac emergencies in first opinion practice. Heidi will guide you during lectures and in the wet lab through the practical techniques you need to perfect and with interactive case discussion you will gain a huge amount from this highly applicable course.
- Become familiar with T-Fast: at the end of this session delegates will be familiar with theory and practical application of point-of-care ultrasonographic techniques for diagnosis of pleural effusion, pulmonary oedema, pericardial effusion and ascites
- Perfect your Centesis techniques with time in the wet lab to increase your confidence in safely draining fluid
- Improve your knowledge of Acute Heart Failure and how to diagnose and manage it.
- Consolidate your familiarity with Feline Arteriothromboembolism (FATE)
- Revise ECG Emergencies, how to be successful when using your ECG machine
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.