Laparoscopic Bitch Spay
Minimally invasive surgery has transformed the way surgical procedures have been performed on humans over the past twenty years and it is becoming increasingly uncommon for human surgeons to have to resort to open techniques. Veterinary surgery is treading the same route with many clinics now performing many or all of their bitch spays laparoscopically. The benefits are self evident and the procedure is well received, indeed sought out, by clients. Many clinics already own flexible endoscopy equipment and thus have much of the basic equipment (light source, suction, camera, monitor etc) necessary for rigid endoscopy and laparoscopy. Additional equipment and training, and therefore expense, is required to perform laparoscopy. However, no-one does liver biopsies on a daily basis and this expense must be justified. Most surgeons starting laparoscopy would consider the bitch spay as the core procedure and main reason for investing in the equipment. As a routine procedure that is done on a regular basis, it will bring in the revenue to pay for the equipment.
By the end of this course you should have an understanding of:
- Equipment required for laparoscopy
- Instrument handling techniques
- Basic laparoscopic principles
- Principles of electrosurgery and haemostasis
- Laparoscopic ovariectomy
- Laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch each day.
Surgeons with no or minimal experience in laparoscopy who wish to maximise their investment in equipment and improve their skills in laparoscopy to enable them to perform more complex procedures
|Payment Options||All prices exclude VAT|
|Full Course (Deposit to secure place)||£1,225.00||£200.00||£1,425.00|
|Full Course (Pay in full)||£1,425.00||£0.00||£1,425.00|
To book any option please click the "Book Now" button and select your preferences in your shopping cart.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Laparoscopic Bitch Spay
29 May 2019
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes