Masterclass in Feline Endoscopy
This practical two-day masterclass will focus on advancing practitioners beyond the infamous ‘diagnostic roadblock’ commonly faced in feline practice.
This course will provide an overview of selecting appropriate equipment and safe handling skills for the upper/lower intestinal tract and upper/lower respiratory tract. You’ll have the opportunity to perform endoscopy at our state-of-the-art, wet-lab facilities in Sheffield and extensive hands-on opportunities over the two days.
You’ll receive guidance through the subject area of flexible endoscopy and rigid endoscopy, taught by a feline-specific diplomate and be able to see the immediate benefits endoscopy offers for your patients, clients and practice.
This masterclass course is strictly limited to 12 delegates and offers unrivalled one-to-one mentoring.
• Upper intestinal endoscopy (including acquiring biopsies and foreign body removal)
• Lower intestinal endoscopy (including ileal entry)
• Upper respiratory tract endoscopy (retroflexed nasopharyngoscopy)
• Lower respiratory tract endoscopy (including endoscopic BAL and foreign body removal) using a feline bronchial treemap
• Safe use of rigid rostral rhinoscopy (including nerve blocks) using ‘universal feline rhinoscope’
By the end of the course, delegates should have an understanding and ability to perform safe and controlled diagnostic examinations/therapeutic procedures in the following areas:
Upper and lower GIT endoscopy:
• Basic principles of endoscopy and how to select the most appropriate endoscopic equipment for feline-specific gastrointestinal endoscopy
• Careful ‘driving skills’ needed for flexible endoscopy, in vivo, which limits the risk of iatrogenic damage to both patient and equipment
• Techniques for obtaining endoscopic biopsies and endoscopic foreign body removal
• Proficiency in J-manoeuvre, pyloric and ileocolic sphincter intubation in the cat
• How to assemble the endoscopy chain (both flexible and rigid endoscopy)
• Performing infraorbital nerve blocks
• Techniques for safe use of 1.9mm x 30-degree oblique integrated telescope for rostral rhinoscopy
• How to safely collect biopsy samples from the nasal cavity
• Use the flexible bronchoscope for nasopharyngeal examination as part of the upper respiratory investigation and for lower respiratory investigations
• Practical wet-lab tuition with direct hands-on assistance to develop your skill in a safe and supportive learning environment
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments throughout each day and buffet lunches