‘There is no such thing as a safe anaesthetic only a safe anaesthetist’. This module will give you the ability to approach the anaesthesia of higher risk medical patients to optimise outcomes. The ability to confidently calculate drug requirements and understand monitoring equipment will help you navigate your procedure list with ease.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Review acid/base balance, the practical application of blood products and explain when different fluid replacement options should be used. Demonstrate the ability to perform all types of fluid administration calculations.
- Explain the importance of client consent forms, patient anaesthesia records and be able to complete both correctly.
- Obtain knowledge of basic through to advanced patient monitoring and the pros and cons of multi-parameter monitoring for specific cases.
- Describe and explain abnormal capnography and pulse oximetry waveforms and suggest options to improve them.
- Understand the use of different pre-anaesthetic medication, induction and maintenance agents, explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each in specific cases.
- Identify different types of endotracheal tubes and their use explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each. Demonstrate the skill of intubating easy & more difficult patients.
- Includes case discussions and calculations
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
|Payment Options||All prices exclude VAT|
|Full course price||£274.31||£0.00||£274.31|
To book any option please click the "Book Now" button and select your preferences in your shopping cart.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
Price: £274.31 + VAT
Alternative Start Dates
26 Jan 2019