This module will introduce many of the concepts of oncology to allow you to take an active role in the cancer patients presented to your clinic. By the end of this module you should feel confident in assisting with a wide variety of cancer presentations from diagnosis through to treatment and ongoing monitoring.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the biology of cancer and paraneoplastic disease
- Describe the principles, challenges and ethics of cancer treatment in dogs and cats
- Outline the options for local management of tumours including surgery and radiation therapy
- Explain how systemic management of tumours can be achieved through chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy
- Select appropriate diagnostic methods for the investigation and management of:
- Mast Cell Tumours
- Bone tumours, splenic tumours, oral tumours and selected other common tumours
- Familiarise yourself with specific feline tumours
- Identify and understand oncological emergencies
- Evaluate the unique challenges of starting an oncology clinic - practicalities of administering chemotherapy and management of clients
- Demonstrate an understanding of the significance of drug safety, staff and owner protection
Includes a practical session of oncological cytology
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
|Payment Options||All prices exclude VAT|
|Full course price||£274.31||£0.00||£274.31|
To book any option please click the "Book Now" button and select your preferences in your shopping cart.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
Price: £274.31 + VAT
Alternative Start Dates
18 May 2019