Understanding the pros and cons of laboratory testing and perfecting your interpretation skills are invaluable objectives for this module. By expanding your working knowledge of a variety of toxins and infectious diseases this module will also help you with those difficult vaccination conversations.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Appreciate the challenges involved in getting the best out of laboratory tests including sampling methods and test selection
- Describe a general approach to all poisoning cases including what resources are available, what diagnostic tests may help and how to treat common toxicities
- Discuss rational drug use– consider how we protect antibiotic use, other considerations in therapeutic trials in medicine cases and monitoring for side effects
- Consider traditional UK infectious diseases - how they are diagnosed, managed and treatment options
- Become familiar with infectious diseases new to the UK and discuss the challenges in diagnosis and treatment of these conditions
- Describe how antibody testing can be useful in vaccination protocols
- Be familiar with WSAVA vaccination guidelines
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
|Payment Options||All prices exclude VAT|
|Full course price||£274.31||£0.00||£274.31|
To book any option please click the "Book Now" button and select your preferences in your shopping cart.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
Price: £274.31 + VAT
Alternative Start Dates
21 Jul 2019