Analgesia - Surgical
Anyone involved in a surgical list will need to be up-to-date on pain assessment and multi-modal options for managing pain peri-operatively. This module will give enable you to promote patient welfare by using a pro-active and thorough approach to analgesia.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Appreciate the pathophysiology of pain and be able to identify pain in different species using pain scoring methods.
- Explain the different classes of analgesia, including opioids, NSAIDs, local anaesthetics and other agents and their pharmacology
- Appreciate the use of a pre-emptive and multi-modal approach to analgesia
- Demonstrate different intravenous catheterisation techniques including central venous catheterisation.
- Be able to identify appropriate analgesic agents for the use of CRI, when and how these should be used/monitored and be able to perform a CRI calculation.
- Obtain knowledge of different local anaesthetic techniques and which surgical cases benefit from their use.
- Be able to demonstrate the safe administration of local anaesthetics via transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.
- Includes a practical session on central venous line placement
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch on the day.
|Payment Options||All prices exclude VAT|
To book any option please click the "Book Now" button and select your preferences in your shopping cart.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
Analgesia - Surgical
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
Price: £274.31 + VAT
The start date of this course is in the past. You can no longer book the full course, but can register your interest in future dates.