This new 2-day course on emergency ophthalmology aims to cover the majority of ocular emergencies you’ll see in day to day practice. The mornings will be classroom based seminars and case discussions covering a wide variety of emergency ophthalmology, whilst the afternoons will be spent in the wet lab practising emergency ophthalmic surgery. The course is aimed at vets with some practical experience (typically having been in practice for at least 1-2 years) as some experience in dealing with the conditions described will be useful. However, the course would also be useful for an enthusiastic (ophthalmology-minded) new graduate, or would benefit experienced practitioners who want to ensure that they are up to date with the latest ideas and skills. Delegates will leave the course feeling much more comfortable and confident in dealing with sore eyes.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Assess corneal ulceration
- Manage corneal foreign bodies and prolapsed globes
- Approach corneal surgery with confidence, including
- Grid keratotomies
- Conjunctival pedicle grafts
- Corneal suturing
- Treat uveitis quickly and effectively
- Diagnose lens luxation
- Select an appropriate technique for enucleation
- Practise a variety of ophthalmological surgical techniques
- Temporary tarsorrhaphies
- Temporary tacking sutures
- Lateral canthotomy
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments throughout the day and buffet lunches
|Payment Options||All prices exclude VAT|
|Full Course (deposit secures place)||£1,095.00||£200.00||£1,295.00|
To book any option please click the "Book Now" button and select your preferences in your shopping cart.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: https://www.improveinternational.com/uk/terms-and-conditions/
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.
23 Oct 2020
09:30 Course starts
17:00 Course finishes
09:00 Course starts
16:30 Course finishes