Ophthalmic Surgery - practical techniques
This is the first day of a two-day practical session, please see module 12 for additional objectives.
The modules must be attended as a pair.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Recognise commonly used ophthalmic instruments and understand their use
- Use loupes and understand operating microscopes for surgical magnification
- Select appropriate suture material and needle designs
- Discuss pre and post- operative care of surgical patients and appropriate anaesthetic regimes
- Understand the basic surgical principles as they pertain to ophthalmic surgery