Ultrasound for the Emergency Patient
A one-day course suitable for vets in general practice who want to learn the power of 'FAST' ultrasound scanning for assessing their patients rapidly and with confidence familiarising themselves with POCUS (Point of Care Ultrasound), AFAST™ and TFAST™.
This course would also be suitable for candidates working towards a GPCert / PgC in Emergency Medicine and Surgery.
- Learn how to rapidly triage the emergency patient using ultrasound – and save lives!
- Emergency assessment of the acute abdomen – with confidence
- Quick and safe evaluation of the dyspnoeic dog and cat
- Is this cardiac or respiratory? – In seconds!
- Rapidly identify abdominal fluid/ internal bleeding/ pleural effusion/ pneumothorax/ pulmonary oedema
- Interactive, case-based approach to real emergencies and critical patients
- Practical scanning including ultrasound guided abdominocentesis, thoracocentesis, and FNA
Comprehensive course notes, refreshments and lunch will be provided.