General Practitioner Advanced Certificates leading to Postgraduate Diplomas (PgD)
Advance your skills with a General Practitioner Advanced Certificate
The GPAdvCert is developed for veterinary professionals who wish to advance their knowledge and practical skills, progress their academic qualifications and gain recognition in their field.
These are advanced level ‘next-step’ programmes for veterinary professionals who may have already completed their General Practitioner Certificate (GPCert) or Postgraduate Certificate (PgC), accredited by the European School of Veterinary Postgraduate Studies (ESVPS) and validated by Harper Adams University (HAU) or equivalent qualifications from other providers. You can also attend these programmes if you do not hold a postgraduate qualification which is aimed at an advanced level, however, the GPAdvCert award route is only available to those delegates who hold or intend to obtain the appropriate GPCert/PgC award or equivalent.
Choose your Programme
Benefits for you and your practice
- Increase your skills and confidence in dealing with more advanced procedures in-house
- Reduce referrals and therefore retain higher levels of income for your practice
- Increase your skills, knowledge and confidence to face the most complex cases
- Enhance your transferable skills, to benefit you and your team
- Gain access to leading specialists
- Benefit from a high level of practical instruction and hands-on practise in a wet-lab environment
State-of-the-art training facilities
Our programmes take place in various locations in Europe. All our training venues are positioned to provide you with the highest level of facilities to enable you to get the most from your learning.
Our Practical training facilities offer:
• Exceptional facilities with comfortable training rooms
• Purpose built wet-lab facilities
• Surgical stations working in pairs
• Bright operating theatre standard lighting
• Wide choice of surgical equipment
• Where appropriate to the course, video demonstrations can be made available using the widescreen HD monitors and Sony camera system to ensure that attendees do not miss anything important
• Close interaction with other attendees and the speaker, so that you gain maximum benefit from the practical training
“I embarked on Improve’s Postgraduate Diploma as I was keen to deepen my knowledge and expand my skills.
I am proud to be the first vet in the UK to achieve this qualification, and it has given me the confidence to handle more advanced and difficult surgical and medical cases.”
Dr Graeme McKeown
Route to a Postgraduate Diploma
In Partnership With