Postgraduate Certificates (PgC)
Choose your Postgraduate Programme
Postgraduate programmes that help you to transform your practice life
- The PgC is a recognised higher education qualification demonstrating that you have achieved the required standard within a designated subject.
- The qualification represents Masters Level seven within the Quality Assurance Agency’s framework for higher and further education.
- It provides 60 transferable academic credits towards the 180 required for a Master’s degree.
Our PgC programmes comprise:
Preparation for end-of-programme assessment
Taught sessions with accompanying notes
Practical sessions where relevant to the subject
Pre and post module online self assessment
Independent study, including online components
Support throughout your learning journey
Your journey through our PgC programmes
How our PgC programmes work
At the beginning of the programme you will receive a syllabus and specific learning objectives for all of the taught modules.
During the programme you will be required to document your current knowledge and skills prior to each module and undertake an informal short multiple choice exercise. After the module you will then undertake a further multiple choice exercise to reflect on knowledge gained and implement a strategy to address any outstanding knowledge and skills gap via independent study.
Inclusive learning support
- You will receive a subscription to Harper Adams University online e-library providing access to 1,000s of scientific articles and abstracts
- Medicine delegates will be provided with a “Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine” by Ettinger & Feldman and Surgery delegates with “Veterinary Surgery” by Tobias and Johnston
- Surgery delegates will also receive five “How to” DVDs by Professor Howard Seim of Colorado University illustrating key surgical procedures
- Our learning management system operated through Moodle, provides access to a notes library, discussion forum and other study resources including webinars
- A dedicated Programme Tutor will support every individual during their PgC programme to ensure a rewarding and successful learning experience