Terms and Conditions
Improve International Ltd:
Terms and Conditions for educational services
Please read these terms carefully. By using our website or signing up for our services or products, you are agreeing to these terms.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Extraordinary Terms and Conditions
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the challenges that it brings, Improve International Ltd is updating its Terms and Conditions as follows:
For any booking taken from March 23rd 2020 until July 31st 2021, the following changes to our general cancellation terms apply: you will have the right to a full refund for the programme or course you have booked if you cancel any time ahead of the programme or course start date.
Please note this applies to Improve International’s programme or course fees only and not any other costs, charges and bookings around the date such as hotels and travel made by the individual. As such under the circumstances, we also recommend checking on the flexibility of that booking and/or using a credit card for greater security.
Due to the current climate as a result of COVID-19, there will be uncertainty and local governments imposing restrictions at short notice. Some practical sessions may need to be postponed and non-practical lecture-based sessions will be live-streamed only. All sessions will be monitored by an Improve International employee. Improve International is not responsible for any technical failure outside its control nor internet connection issues during the live streaming.
All remaining Cancellation Policies apply together with Improve International’s General Terms and Conditions.
Information about us
We own and operate the website www.improveinternational.com. We are Improve International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03568194.Our registered office and main trading address is Alexandra House, Whittingham Drive, Wroughton, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 0QJ. Our VAT number is 349 7028 73.
We agree to provide services to you with the following terms and conditions and policies mentioned. These constitute a contract between us and you and must be read together with any other documents explicitly agreed to be part of this contract. Any other terms and conditions contained in any other document are excluded unless their inclusion is expressly agreed in writing by us.
In these terms and conditions “Improve”, ‘’we ‘’ and ‘’us’’ means Improve International Ltd and the ‘’service’’ means the course or other services you have ordered from us as set out in the service description, welcome email or other agreed document.
How the contract is formed between you and us
- Our web pages and/or our team member over the phone will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. For example, we carry out checks on your eligibility for enrolment (for more information see below “Eligibility”). Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 3.
- We will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the course(s) has/have been booked (“Booking Confirmation”). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation.
- All of our contracts are made in the English language.
- If, for any reason, we are unable to provide a course, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the course(s), we will refund you the full amount charged as soon as possible.
In the event you are not deemed eligible we will refund in full for the service fees that you have paid.
When you order a service from us you have the right to withdraw your instructions, without charge, at any time within fourteen days afterwards. This right will cease, however, if the service is provided with your consent within that time.
We will aim to provide the service in accordance with any dates agreed with you. However, any dates quoted for the provision or start and/or completion of the service are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any delay in relation to the same, whatsoever.
You must pay the charges which are notified to you by us for the service.
Except in exceptional circumstances, payment is to be made in advance of all courses and services and/or payment is due within 30 days of our invoice being issued. If you have selected the option (where such option is offered by us) to pay any amount by instalments, these instalment payments are due and must be paid within the agreed timescale. In the event of late payment, we reserve the right to charge Statutory Interest on the outstanding balance and/or withhold your access to the course.
We agree that we will:
- Provide the service with reasonable skill and care.
- Keep confidential any confidential information you provide to us.
- Provide adequate security in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its national implementing legislation for any data that you provide to us.
- Act only in accordance with your instructions in relation to any data that you provide to us.
You agree that you will cooperate fully with us in relation to the provision of the service and ensure that any of your employees do likewise.
By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
We routinely communicate via email unless we have been specifically requested not to do so or it is clearly inappropriate. Our computer systems are regularly virus checked. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to prevent the transmission to you of known viruses, you should check all incoming electronic messages for viruses and use virus protection software to monitor your files, electronic messages and their attachments.
We can terminate this contract if you are the subject of a bankruptcy order (or the equivalent in any other jurisdiction) or if you become insolvent or make any arrangement or composition with, or an assignment for the benefit of, your creditors or if any of your assets are the subject of any form of seizure. If you are a company, we can terminate this contract forthwith if you go into liquidation, either voluntary or compulsory, or if a receiver or administrative receiver or administrator is appointed.
In addition to our termination rights set out earlier, we may at any time and at our sole option either suspend the service under this contract or terminate this contract immediately if you breach any term of this contract or any fee or charge remains unpaid by you before the commencement date of your course/ service.
Any waiver by us of any breach by you of this contract will not prevent us from taking action against you if you are in breach of contract again at a later date.
We accept liability for faults in the service and for our own negligence. This, however, is limited to the extent stated in this clause.
Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as restricting or excluding our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for fraud or, to the extent that such rights may not be contracted out of, as affecting the statutory rights of any person dealing as a consumer.
Subject to the immediately preceding sub-clause, we shall be liable to you in respect of all direct loss or damage caused by our acts or omissions and those of our employees, agents or sub-contractors, other than Excluded Loss. In this clause, the expression ‘’ Excluded Loss’’ means all special loss (whether or not the possibility of such loss arising on a particular breach of contract or duty has been brought to our attention at the time of making this contract) and loss, corruption or destruction of data or loss of profits, business or anticipated savings, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any indirect or consequential damage whatever, either in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
For the avoidance of doubt, in no event shall either party be liable to the other for any indirect or consequential loss of any nature and howsoever caused.
We do not have any implied obligation, duty or liability in contract or tort (including negligence) other than those explicitly stated in this contract.
We are not liable for any breach of contract between ourselves and you or delegates caused by matters beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to industrial or transport-related disputes, the weather of exceptional or unusual severity, acts of local or central government or other authorities, pandemics, war, flood, fire or interruption of electricity supply.
Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under this contract shall be in writing addressed to the other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified under this provision to the party giving the notice.
If any provision of this contract is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of this contract and the remainder of the provision in question shall be unaffected.
This contract excludes and/or supersedes any previous statements or agreements between us whether written or oral relating to the provision of the service.
This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
On registering for a course, delegates should note the following Terms and Conditions.
- The delegate agrees to pay for the course as described on the order form. If for any reason (such as inadequate numbers of registrants) a course is not run, then any registration fee will be refunded in full, however, other expenses incurred by delegates such as any pre-booked travel expenses are excluded.
- All cancellations by delegates must be made in writing. A cancellation fee of 20% of the total registration fee will be made for cancellations up to 14 days before the start of the course. Refunds will not normally be made for cancellations within 14 days of the start of the course. Any claims for refunds should be made in writing to the Directors of Improve International Ltd.
- Delegates may substitute another person in place of themselves for a course or module but they must notify Improve International Ltd in advance of the name so that the delegate register accurately reflects attendance.
- Delegates must inform Improve International Ltd in writing, allowing at least 14 days’ notice, if they cannot attend, or wish to change the venue or cancel a particular module or course. Failure to do so will result in a nominal fee being levied to cover venue costs incurred – £50 plus VAT for lecture modules/courses and £150 plus VAT for practical modules/courses. These charges will also be payable for cancellations of courses/modules giving less than 14 days’ notice. Missed module fees are only payable prior to attending a missed module at another date in the future. No refunds will be made in relation to missed or cancelled modules. Attendance of a missed module is subject to the receipt of a written request and that a similar, alternative module is available within the following 12 month period.
- Delegates must ensure that Improve International Ltd is notified of any changes in their contact details. Improve International Ltd cannot be held responsible for non-notification of course changes if up to date details have not been provided.
- Improve International Limited’s main venues are covered by Third Party Liability insurance, however, delegates should ensure that they themselves have appropriate insurance in place, particularly if the course involves visits to other centres/ facilities, for example for practical sessions.
- Improve International Ltd will ensure that speakers will be suitably experienced in their subject. Improve International Ltd reserves the right, under exceptional circumstances, to alter the venues, dates or speakers of courses. Under such circumstances, Improve International Ltd will give the maximum possible notice to delegates.
- We reserve the right to cancel a place on a course or module if payment has not been received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Delegates should be aware of the potential personal risks involved when attending courses involving surgical instruments and/or live animals and should ensure that they have adequate insurance. Save in the case of death or personal injury caused by its negligence, Improve International will not accept any liability in respect of injuries caused during such courses or for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of Improve International, its servants, agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the courses, and the entire liability of Improve International shall not exceed the amount of its charges for the provision of the course except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions.
- Vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk at all venues. Improve International will not accept any liability for loss or damage to vehicles.
- Personal possessions and valuables are the responsibility of the delegates at all times and at all venues. Improve International will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to personal possessions and valuables.
- The collection or sharing of image or sound during the courses by the delegates is not authorised except with express permission from Improve International.
- Improve International may correct any typographical or other errors or omissions in any brochure, promotional literature, quotation or other document relating to the provision of the courses without any liability to the delegate.
- Improve International may at any time, without notifying the delegate, make any changes to the courses which are necessary to comply with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the courses.
- These Terms and Conditions together with the “registration and payment form” constitute the entire agreement between the parties, supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between the parties. All other terms, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and addressed to the other party at its registered office or principal place of business, or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice.
- English law shall apply to the contract to which these Terms and Conditions apply and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Improve International is not liable for any breach of this contract caused by matters beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightning, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), failures or interruptions of electricity supplies, pandemics, the weather of exceptional severity or acts of local or central Government or other authorities.
- Job title
- Contact information including email address, address, telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys and delegate support
- Professional license number/college registration number
- Business contact information, such as job title, department and name of the company or organisation
- Payment details, including tax number and bank account number
- Opt-in / opt-out for marketing materials
- Opt-in / opt-out for other mailings
- The content you provide (such as photos, articles, assessments, information, personal details)
- Qualifications, CV, references, education details
- Photographs and CCTV footage
- Time registration, attendance and absence information
What we do with the information we gather:
- Customer or supplier administration
- Supply and delivery of the services or products ordered by you
- Administrating payment of invoices and collection of debts
- Compliance with Data Protection legislation and/or any applicable laws and regulations
- Protect against and prevent fraud and unauthorised transactions
- Delivery of learning materials, notes and product support.
- Anonymising personal information
- Register and follow-up any opt-in or opt-out that you have indicated to us, in order to ensure that mailings are customised and to ensure that you no longer receive mailings you have opted-out of
- Check your eligibility to enrol on courses
- Comply with regulation
- Use personal data in an anonymous and aggregate way for survey analysis research purposes
- Any other purposes of processing of your personal data agreed upon with you
Disclosures of your information:
In the context of the purposes as listed above, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as banks and IT service providers or transfer the data in an anonymous way to third parties for statistic or research purposes. Your personal data can also be disclosed to all companies within the Improve International group.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. We will never pass your personal information to anyone else, except where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
How long do we keep your Personal Data:
We will normally keep your personal data for the duration of the business relationship we have with you and for a period of 7 years after the end of the contract or services delivered to you unless the data relates to professional certifications or qualifications supplied by us to you which you may require evidence of throughout your career, which could be kept for a period of 50 years, as it is for your best interests. Only where we are legally obliged to, or where this is necessary for defending our interests in the context of judicial proceedings, we will store the personal data for longer periods.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
Bitesize and Online Learning Additional Terms & Conditions
“Improve International” Improve International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3568194.
“Learning Platform” the online learning platform where course materials/resources are stored and may be accessed by the Delegate.
“Delegate” the individual subscribed to the Membership, and any person on whose behalf the Delegate is acting.
“Membership” the contractual relationship between the Delegate and Improve International which enables access to the Learning Platform.
Membership and access to Learning Platform
The Delegate shall have non-exclusive and non-transferrable license to access and use the materials on the Learning Platform applicable to his/her Membership at any site or location. Improve International shall provide materials/resources specific to the Membership. Improve International reserves the right to change, alter, modify, and where relevant adapt the materials on the Learning Platform at any time.
Improve International is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Learning Platform and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Downloadable content may be made available on the Learning Platform, including content such as course notes, electronic journals and articles. Materials from the Learning Platform must not be amended or edited in any way by the Delegate. All Materials from the Learning Platform must retain the name of our company and branding, any legal notices and disclaimers (including copyright), and any authorial credits.
The Delegate is responsible for making all arrangements necessary to have access to the Learning Platform. The Delegate must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access the Learning Platform, or share the Delegate´s user ID and/or password with any other person. The Delegate must notify Improve International in writing immediately if he/she becomes aware of any unauthorised use of his/her account. The Delegate is solely responsible for all actions taken, including orders made, through his/her Membership or otherwise using the Delegate´s user ID and password or other piece of security information.
The Delegate must not use Improve International’s website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of, or linked to spyware, computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious computer software, whether intentionally or not. The Delegate must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to the Learning Platform.
The Membership fee shall be paid by the Delegate via one of the payment methods stated on the website. Membership may be paid by the Delegate via credit card, debit card, direct debit or by other methods accepted by Improve International. Direct debit will be taken on or around the 10th of each month. Until payment is received, materials and login details will not be supplied. Improve International will send an electronic receipt to the Delegate once payment or a payment plan has been created. If the Delegate wishes to change the Membership payment terms set out on the website and Improve International agrees to do so, Improve International will notify the Delegate of any changes, in writing, to the Delegate. Improve International is not bound to agree to any changes requested by the Delegate.
Membership is not refundable and any refund is at Improve International’s discretion.
Membership materials available on the Learning Platform are designed for use in professional updating and training. The Membership material should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. Although Improve International makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of and to update the information on the Learning Platform, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Learning Platform is accurate, complete or up to date. Content provided presents the professional views of the speaker. Improve International shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from reliance on any such materials.
Improve International does not guarantee that the Learning Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Learning Platform is permitted on a temporary basis. Improve International may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Learning Platform without notice and will not be liable if for any reason the Learning Platform is temporarily unavailable.
We always aim to provide a high-quality experience for all our delegates. However, if you have a complaint about any part of a course you have attended, we want to hear from you so that we can address the issue and improve our programmes.
Please phone us on 01793 759159
Or write to us at-
Improve International Ltd
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as it is received. If it requires more investigation on our part we will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receiving it and aim to respond fully within 10 working days
This Version is V24.02.2021.