Improve International Ltd – Terms and Conditions for delegates
Information about us
We operate the website www.improveinternational.com. We are Improve International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03568194 and with our registered office and main trading address at Alexandra House Whittingham Drive Wroughton Swindon Wiltshire SN4 0QJ. Our VAT number is 100134886.
We agree to provide services to you on the following terms and conditions. These constitute a contract between us and you and must be read together with any other documents explicitly agreed to be part of this contract. Any other terms and conditions contained in any other document are excluded unless their inclusion is expressly agreed in writing by us.
In these terms and conditions ‘’we ‘’ and ‘’us’’ means Improve International Ltd and the ‘’service’’ means the course or other service you have ordered from us as set out in the service description or other agreed document.
How the contract is formed between you and us
- Our [shopping] pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 3.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail [that confirms that the course(s) has/have been booked ] (“Booking Confirmation”). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation. [A copy of the Booking Confirmation and the Contract will be retained by us on our server and accessible to you through the password protected part of our site]
- All of our contracts are made in the English language.
- If we are unable to provide a course, for example because that course is no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested date or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the course(s), we will refund you the full amount charged as soon as possible.
When you order a service from us you have the right to withdraw your instructions, without charge, at any time within fourteen days afterwards. This right will cease, however, if the service is provided with your consent within that time.
We will aim to provide the service in accordance with any dates agreed with you. However, any dates quoted for the provision or start and/or completion of the service are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any delay in relation to the same whatsoever.
You must pay the charges which are notified to you by us for the service.
Except in exceptional circumstances, payment is to be made in advance of all courses and services. In the event of late payment we reserve the right to charge Statutory Interest on the outstanding balance.
We agree that we will:
- Provide the service with reasonable skill and care.
- Keep confidential any confidential information you provide to us.
- Provide adequate security in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for any data that you provide to us.
- Act only in accordance with your instructions in relation to any data that you provide to us and keep a secure record of your data for at least 7 years.
You agree that you will cooperate fully with us in relation to the provision of the service and ensure that any employees do likewise.
We routinely communicate via email unless we have been specifically requested not to do so or it is clearly inappropriate. Our computer systems are regularly virus checked. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to prevent the transmission to you of known viruses, you should check all incoming electronic messages for viruses and use virus protection software to monitor your files, electronic messages and their attachments.
We can terminate this contract if you are the subject of a bankruptcy order (or the equivalent in any other jurisdiction) or if you become insolvent or make any arrangement or composition with, or an assignment for the benefit of, your creditors or if any of your assets are the subject of any form of seizure. If you are a company, we can terminate this contract forthwith if you go into liquidation, either voluntary or compulsory, or if a receiver or administrative receiver or administrator is appointed.
In addition to our termination rights set out earlier we may at any time and at our sole option either suspend the service under this contract or terminate this contract immediately if you breach any term of this contract or any fee or charge remains unpaid by you before the commencement date of your course/ service.
Any waiver by us of any breach by you of this contract will not prevent us from taking action against you if you are in breach of contract again a later date.
We accept liability for faults in the service and for our own negligence. This, however, is limited to the extent stated in this clause.
Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as restricting or excluding our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for fraud or, to the extent that such rights may not be contracted out of, as affecting the statutory rights of any person dealing as a consumer.
Subject to the immediately preceding sub-clause, we shall be liable to you in respect of all direct loss or damage caused by our acts or omissions and those of our employees, agents or sub-contractors, other than Excluded Loss. In this clause, the expression ‘’ Excluded Loss’’ means all special loss (whether or not the possibility of such loss arising on a particular breach of contract or duty has been brought to our attention at the time of making this contract) and loss, corruption or destruction of data or loss of profits, business or anticipated savings, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any indirect or consequential damage whatever, either in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
For the avoidance of doubt, in no event shall either party be liable to the other for any indirect or consequential loss of any nature and howsoever caused.
We do not have any implied obligation, duty or liability in contract or tort (including negligence) other than those explicitly stated in this contract.
We are not liable for any breach of contract between ourselves and delegates caused by matters beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to industrial or transport related disputes, weather of exceptional or unusual severity, acts of local or central government or other authorities, war, flood, fire or interruption of electricity supply.
Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under this contract shall be in writing addressed to the other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified under this provision to the party giving the notice.
If any provision of this contract is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of this contract and the remainder of the provision in question shall be unaffected.
This contract excludes and/or supersedes any previous statements or agreements between us whether written or oral relating to the provision of the service.
This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
On registering for a course, delegates should note the following Terms and Conditions.
- The delegate agrees to pay for the course in full, as described on the registration form. If for any reason (such as inadequate numbers of registrants) a course is not run, then any registration fee will be refunded in full, however, other expenses incurred by delegates such as any pre-booked travel expenses are excluded.
- All cancellations by delegates must be made in writing. A cancellation fee of 20% of the total registration fee will be made for cancellations up to 14 days before the course. Refunds will not normally be made for cancellations within 14 days of the course. Any claims for refunds should be made in writing to the Directors of Improve International Ltd.
- Delegates may substitute another person in place of themselves for a course or module but they must notify Improve in advance of the name so that the delegate register accurately reflects attendance.
- Delegates must inform Improve International Ltd in writing, allowing 14 days’ notice, if they cannot attend or wish to change venue for a particular module. Failure to do so may result in a nominal fee being levied to cover venue costs incurred. Attendance of a missed module is subject to the receipt of a written request and that a similar, alternative module is available within the following 12 month period.
- A modular cancellation fee of £50 plus VAT may be payable in respect of cancellations giving less than 14 days’ notice. This fee will only be payable prior to attending a missed module at another date in the future. No refunds will be made in relation to missed or cancelled modules.
- Delegates must ensure that Improve International Ltd is notified of any changes in their contact details. Improve International Ltd cannot be held responsible for non-notification of course changes if up to date details have not been provided.
- Improve International Limited’s main venues are covered by Third Party Liability insurance, however, delegates should ensure that they themselves have appropriate insurance in place, particularly if the course involves visits to other centres/ facilities , for example for practical sessions.
- Improve International Ltd will ensure that speakers will be suitably experienced in their subject. Improve International Ltd reserves the right, under exceptional circumstances, to alter the venues, dates or speakers of courses. Under such circumstances, Improve International Ltd will give maximum possible notice to delegates.
- Replacement notes are available for an additional charge dependent upon the costs incurred in reprinting.
- We reserve the right to cancel a place on a course or module if payment has not been received.
- Delegates should be aware of the potential personal risks involved when attending courses involving surgical instruments and/or live animals and should ensure that they have adequate insurance. Save in the case of death or personal injury caused by its negligence, Improve International will not accept any liability in respect of injuries caused during such courses or for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of Improve International, its servants, agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the courses, and the entire liability of Improve International shall not exceed the amount of its charges for the provision of the course except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions.
- Vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk at all venues. Improve International will not accept any liability for loss or damage to vehicles.
- Personal possessions and valuables are the responsibility of the delegates at all times and at all venues Improve International will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to personal possessions and valuables.
- Improve International may correct any typographical or other errors or omissions in any brochure, promotional literature, quotation or other document relating to the provision of the courses without any liability to the delegate.
- Improve International may at any time, without notifying the delegate, make any changes to the courses which are necessary to comply with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the courses.
- These Terms and Conditions together with the “registration and payment form” constitute the entire agreement between the parties, supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between the parties. All other terms, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, and addressed to the other party at its registered office or principal place of business, or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice.
- English law shall apply to the contract to which these Terms and Conditions apply and the parties agree to submit to the exclusion jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Improve International is not liable for any breach of this contract caused by matters beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightning, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), failures or interruptions of electricity supplies, weather of exceptional severity or acts of local or central Government or other authorities.
Improve International Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us at email@example.comWhat we may collect:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to surveys, special offers, delegate support
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or information which we consider you may find interesting, using the email address you have provided.
• Delivery of learning materials, notes and product support.
Disclosures of your information:
Your information may be passed to and used by all Improve International companies including those with whom it is working in association with i.e. those that support such courses as Ultrasound, Endoscopy, Soft tissue and Orthopaedic Surgery. We will never pass your personal information to anyone else, except where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
Bitesize Additional Online T&Cs
“Improve International” Improve International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3568194.
“Learning Platform” the online learning platform where course materials/resources are stored and may be accessed by the Member.
“Member” the individual subscribed to the Membership, and any person on whose behalf the Member is acting.
“Membership” the contractual relationship between the member and Improve International which enables access to the Learning Platform.
Membership and access to Learning Platform
The Member shall have non-exclusive and non-transferrable license to access and use the materials on the Learning Platform applicable to his/her Membership at any site or location. Improve International shall provide materials/resources specific to the Membership. Improve International reserves the right to change, alter, modify, and where relevant adapt the materials on the Learning Platform at any time.
Improve International is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Learning Platform and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Downloadable content may be made available on the Learning Platform, including content such as course notes, electronic journals and articles. Materials from the Learning Platform must not be amended or edited in any way by the Member. All Materials from the Learning Platform must retain the name of our company and branding, any legal notices and disclaimers (including copyright), and any authorial credits.
Member is responsible for making all arrangements necessary for him/her to have access to the Learning Platform. Member must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access the Learning Platform, or share Member’s user ID and/or password with any other person. Member must notify Improve International in writing immediately, if he/she becomes aware of any unauthorised use of his/her account. Member is solely responsible for all actions taken, including orders made, through his/her Membership or otherwise using Member’s user ID and password or other piece of security information.
Member must not use Improve International’s website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of, or linked to spyware, computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious computer software, whether intentionally or not. Member must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to the Learning Platform.
The membership fee shall be paid by the Member via one of the payment methods stated on the website. Membership may be paid by the member via credit card, debit card, direct debit or by other methods accepted by Improve International. Direct debit will be taken on the 10th of each month. Until payment is received, materials and login details will not be supplied. Improve International will send an electronic receipt to the member once payment or a payment plan has been created. If the Member wishes to change the Membership payment terms set out on the website and Improve International agrees to do so, Improve International will notify the member or any changes in writing to the Member. Improve International is not bound to agree to any changes requested by the Member.
Membership is not refundable and any refund is at Improve International’s discretion.
Membership materials available on the Learning Platform are designed for use in professional updating and training. The Membership material should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. Although Improve International makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of and to update the information on the Learning Platform, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Learning Platform is accurate, complete or up to date. Content provided presents the professional views of the speaker. Improve International shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from reliance on any such materials.
Improve International does not guarantee that the Learning Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Learning Platform is permitted on a temporary basis. Improve International may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Learning Platform without notice and will not be liable if for any reason the Learning Platform is temporarily unavailable.
We always aim to provide a high quality experience for all our delegates. However ,if you have a complaint about any part of a course you have attended we want to hear from you so that we can improve our programmes.
Please phone us on 01793 759159
Or write to us at-
Improve International Ltd
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as it is received. If it requires more investigation on our part we will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receiving it and aim to respond fully within 10 working days.