This two-day course is designed to provide a solid grounding and build confidence in dealing with some of the most important and common surgeries of the abdominal cavity.
The combination of lectures and practical sessions in small groups will revise relevant surgical anatomy to enable you to confidently undertake these surgical procedures.
After the first day of lectures, a fully practical day at a state-of-the-art facility will allow you to benefit from an immersive hands-on experience at a surgical facility set up in groups of 2 delegates per surgical table.
A maximum of 12 delegates per instructor in the practical sessions will be allowed.
Who should attend?
Previous experience is not essential and the emphasis will be on gaining confidence to perform abdominal surgical procedures.
- Abdominal exploration and biopsy
- Principles of gastrointestinal surgery
- Gastrectomy and gastrotomy
- Enterotomy and enterectomy
- Surgery of the bladder
- Lower urinary tract obstruction
- Surgery of the gall bladder
- Surgery of the pancreas
All delegates will have the opportunity to practice the following techniques during the lab:
Price includes course notes and all lectures and Practical sessions.
In the practical sessions, delegates will be working on cadavers to practice the surgical techniques in groups of 2 delegates.
Coffee breaks and lunch are included on both days.
Before and after the course delegates will have access to the Improve International Moodle platform. In this platform a number of resources can be available that range from course notes, videos, webinars, etc, depending on the course. Also pre and post course assessments and exercises will be available.
Payment Terms & Conditions
1. An initial payment is due on registration in order to secure the booking. This can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
2. Full payment to be made within 30 days of the commencement of the course.
3. For instalment payment plans, the only payment option is by credit card. Delegates will be notified monthly and shall proceed with payment through their personal delegate area.
4. All program prices include ISVPS registration and examination fees.
1. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
2. Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
3. Improve International reserves the right to close the intake early if the number of applications received exceeds the number of available places.
4. In order to secure a place you must pay an initial payment.
5. Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to applicants once we have received a completed application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the learning content available for each module?
- At the beginning of the month, the content for weeks 1 and 2 will be released
- At the beginning of the 3rd week of the month, the remaining content will be released
What additional learning resources are available?
- Online lessons
- Notes to support every lesson
- Reading list
- Module Tutor (diploma holder in their field)
- Program Tutor
- Discussion Forum
What qualifications are needed for taking the program if coming from another non- European country?
- Qualified Doctor of Veterinary Medicine registered in country of origin
- ISVPS will require appropriate paperwork at point of registration
What does the GPCert consist of?
- Complete the full online structured program
- Case report (2,500 words)
- Online spot test exam
- Multiple choice examination
- ISVPS are responsible for invigilation of the exam via TestReach an independent invigilation company
- See the assessment criteria on the diagram of the route to a GPCert in the brochure