Improved management of otitis, upper respiratory and lower urinary tract disease using rigid endoscopy
One or two rigid endoscopes can revolutionize your ability to diagnose and treat chronic conditions of the ear, nasal cavity, vagina, urethra and bladder. After a full day of lectures on these topics, on day two, the experts will guide you through a number of exercises and techniques on cadavers, with the goal that you will leave capable of performing basic ear, nose and bladder exams with a rigid endoscope. Also included are biopsy and foreign body retrieval practice, as well as thorough and safe cleaning of the external ear under endoscopic guidance.
A maximum of 12 delegates per instructor in the practical sessions is allowed.
Munir Kureshi - for ears
- How and why I got started. How easy it is to promote otology business. Learn the tricks of the trade.
- How many ear problems do not respond to antibiotic treatment based on culture and sensitivity? How many pets do not respond to hypoallergenic diets?
- All ear problems are not otitis externa and all otitis externa is not due to infection or allergy. Finding the true etiology of an ear problem is the key to successful treatment.
- The otoscope is a powerful diagnostic and treatment tool. Learn tips and tricks of how to use it to get the results you want for diagnosis and treatment even in case of severely stenotic ear canals.
- Bring your most difficult cases for group discussion. No questions will go unanswered!
- Building your ear treatment practice: a winner for your patients, your clients and YOU.
Tim McCarthy - for noses and bladders
- Indications and instrumentation
- Rhinoscopy technique and cases
- Urethrocystoscopy technique and cases
- Other uses for the 2.7mm multi-purpose rigid telescope.
Price includes course notes and all lectures and practical sessions.
In the practical sessions, delegates will be working on cadavers to practice the surgical techniques in groups of 2 delegates.
Coffee breaks and lunch are included on both days.
Before and after the course, delegates will benefit from access to the Improve International Moodle learning management system. Using this platform, delegates can access a range of resources, including course notes, videos and webinars. Pre and post course assessments and exercises are also available.