There is a range of available techniques to deal with cruciate repair. This course will focus on the TPLO technique - pointing out the advantages, ideal case selection for the usage and with an emphasis on minimizing complications.
A lecture day followed by a full hands-on day will allow you to build up your confidence in the use of this technique.
A maximum of 12 delegates per instructor in the practical sessions will be allowed.
Who should attend?
Veterinary surgeons with a degree of experience in performing regular orthopedic surgeries that want either to start using or improving their skills and confidence when applying the TPLO technique.
- The theory of how and why TPLO works
- Case selection
- The implants and instruments used for TPLO
- The TPLO surgical procedure including ticks and tips to make as safe and repeatable as possible
- Post-operative radiographs; assessment and critique
- How to minimise complications
Price includes course notes and all lectures and Practical sessions.
In the practical sessions, delegates will be working on cadavers to practice the surgical techniques in groups of 2 delegates.
Coffee breaks and lunch are included on both days.
Before and after the course delegates will have access to the Improve International moodle platform. In this platform a number of resources can be available that range from course notes, videos, webinars, etc, depending on the course. Also pre and post course assessments and exercises will be available.
Payment Terms & Conditions
1. An initial payment is due on registration in order to secure the booking. This can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
2. Full payment to be made within 30 days of the commencement of the course.
3. For instalment payment plans, the only payment option is by credit card. Delegates will be notified monthly and shall proceed with payment through their personal delegate area.
4. All program prices include ISVPS registration and examination fees.
1. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
2. Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
3. Improve International reserves the right to close the intake early if the number of applications received exceeds the number of available places.
4. In order to secure a place you must pay an initial payment.
5. Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to applicants once we have received a completed application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the learning content available for each module?
- At the beginning of the month, the content for weeks 1 and 2 will be released
- At the beginning of the 3rd week of the month, the remaining content will be released
What additional learning resources are available?
- Online lessons
- Notes to support every lesson
- Reading list
- Module Tutor (diploma holder in their field)
- Program Tutor
- Discussion Forum
What qualifications are needed for taking the program if coming from another non- European country?
- Qualified Doctor of Veterinary Medicine registered in country of origin
- ISVPS will require appropriate paperwork at point of registration
What does the GPCert consist of?
- Complete the full online structured program
- Case report (2,500 words)
- Online spot test exam
- Multiple choice examination
- ISVPS are responsible for invigilation of the exam via TestReach an independent invigilation company
- See the assessment criteria on the diagram of the route to a GPCert in the brochure