The Veterinary Technician Certificate (VTCert) is a qualification awarded by ISVPS to Veterinary Technicians. By achieving this certificate, you will become part of a larger community of professionals with a set of standard skills and knowledge.
In order to obtain a VTCert, candidates will need to successfully complete a modular CE program at one of ISVPS certified providers and undergo pre- and post-module evaluation, additional study, and a final examination.
How to achieve a Veterinary Technician Certificate
Veterinary technicians who have attended formal training and have a Veterinary Technician’s qualification which can be supported with a certificate. Certificate to be uploaded at registration
· All applicants must be working in a veterinary practice or be able to have access to a veterinary practice in order to be able to complete the written assessment (for example, you may need to ensure that this applies if you are a qualified veterinary nurse or technician working in the veterinary industry)
· Delegates can start the program as soon as they have graduated/qualified and will be eligible for examination and assessment on completion of the program
· In order to register for the certificate assessments, all delegates must have completed all modules of the program
· Examination candidates must complete and pass the below:
o Written assessment (clinical audit)
o 25 MCQ exam
o A 10-station practical spot test (this is an applied theory interactive examination, which is taken online and is not a demonstration of skill competency)
· Successful candidates will receive a printed certificate, be included on ISVPS register of VTCert holders and be permitted to use the post-nominals associated with the certificate.
Please note that all eligibility is reviewed and cannot be guaranteed. Applications may be sent to the examiner/academic chair for review/approval and their decision on eligibility is undisputable.
If you are an non-certified Veterinary Technician have at least two years of work experience in this position, please contact us in order to confirm your eligibility for a certificate.